Thursday, July 26, 2007

Too much of a good thing...

This past Monday was the start of morning walking with a friend of mine. Bright and somewhat early, at 8:30 we went for a 2.5 mile walk. It wasn't as vigourus as my normal walk but it was still brisk enough because of the hills. It took 45 minutes.

Later that evening, I was still feeling energized so I decided that I would walk my normal route (one I had been walking for quite a long time). It too was 2.5 miles. I thought that I might not be able to finish but I figured I was fit enough to go thru with it so I went for it.

Boy was I wrong. Boy am I paying for my mistake. Boy does my butt ever hurt! Its Thursday, let me tell you how my week went. Granted I functioned quite normally for the most part, the week in general still left a lot to be desired. I'm usually perky in the morning. I get up at 5am (4:35 if I have to shower) and pop out of bed and get to my routine. I'm awake enough even to sit for 45 minutes or so for devotions. Then I head to work where I have peace and quiet til 8am (I get there about 6:30). You would think that I would be sleepy but most mornings I'm quite awake without the use of coffee.

Well, this week has been another story. I've been dragging myself out of bed for two days (this morning was a nice change from that). I've beend dreading my morning walk (usually I"m all for it). I've stopped in for a cup of coffee and threatened myself to drink the brew from the pot (since the dawn of foo-foo coffees I've slowly stopped doing that). Not really drastic I know but do you understand how hard it is to wake up for me? Good gravy!

Anyway, this morning I only dread my walk but know that it will be well-worth the stimulation and circulation so I guess I'm for it. Speaking of which, I'm running a tad late...

Soli Deo Gloria

No comments: