Thursday, July 19, 2007

Caffine Overload

So how is everyone today? I'm doing well. This is my new niece!

Every once and a while I treat myself to a Mocha Mocha care of Beaner's Gourmet Coffee. Okay its two or three times a week. My co-worker introduced me to an alternative route to work with one along the way. It's exactly the same mileage as my regular route to work too. That is just too much of a coincidence to actually avoid. It's almost like God telling me to buy coffee.


Yesterday Kregel told us that because of YFC's funds, we all must try as hard as we can to spend a full 8 hours fundraising. So, with my brain already focused on doing such a thing today (actually, I did three yesterday and so I needed five today) I paused my morning and asked the Manager at Beaner's a simple question of curiosity: "Do you by any chance, support community organizations?"


And yes they do! Wow! It's like God using my little coffee break this morning! ...Because usually I get coffee for only one reason: because I'm barely awake to drive. For instance, one day last week I was so tired and my brain was so in need of coffee that when I got to the window of the drive thru, I didn't even realize that part of this process is paying for the coffee. Hello!


Anyway, this morning he said yes and I was off to the office to write them a formal request and mail it in. Until my co-worker arrived. Then, out of my great excitement, I told her what I did this morning and asked her to proof the letter. I suggested that we both sign it and both send it in and thats exactly what we did. Well, we didn't send it, we delivered it! My co-worker has been visiting that same manager for three years (and that is the study that proves coffee is addictive...she knows exactly what three stores are owned by the same guy because over the course of these three years, she's seen the same people).


Within an hour this manager of Beaners said that he would donate coffee and possibly cookies for our next Point of Entry Event and also send himself or request his District Manager (two managers above him) go to our little humble event. Wow...I'm so glad God gave us coffee...for yet another reason!


So I'm not obligated to write what I'm about to write but I do want to do it out of their generosity. Beaner's Gourmet Coffee on 28th Street across from Studio 28 in Wyoming, Michigan is honesty, the best coffee shop I have ever been here. Maybe not for their variety of scones (even tho they do have delightful baked goods) but for their committment to not only their coffee but also to their community! Thank you Louis!

No comments: