Monday, July 9, 2007

Black Mustangs

The other day, I was driving down the road a little ahead of me in the lane next to me was a black Ford Mustang driven by a young "man" who had to be between the ages of 18 and 20. He was drifting into my lane and since I was driving a bit faster than he was, I gently tapped my horn to make him aware that he was drifting. I had figured that he probably did not realizing he was drifting. So he moved over and I proceeded to pass him...almost to my mistake. As I was next to him he decided that he would 'drift' again into my lane this time, very obviously on purpose (as he proceeded to go on as if he was telling me off for tapping my horn).

At that very second, split second actually, the sin inside me welled up almost over the breaking point. I had nearly had enough! In my mind (and only in my mind) I had proceeded to 'drift' into his lane at the same time resulting in an accident. I thought about the practicality of this as I was really tempted to do it. It didn't seem too practical as I couldn't garantee that the accident that would proceed would be his fault cause his car was in my lane at the time of collision and I couldn't really afford to have my car gone.

Oh what joy it would be to be able to afford to teach people road rage lessons! Where's a cop when ya need one?

No comments: