Monday, July 23, 2007

I think its normal Nae...

I just have to say one thing...I have to say this for my dear friend from College who I talked to this past weekend. My heart goes out to her for giving 110% to her family and still feeling like she hasn't done enough.

We are all normal. I used to think that I was abnormal...in so many different ways...and that no one could possibly understand me or anything like that. Then, as I grew older and got to know people on a deeper level, I realized that we really struggled with all of the same things.

I think its normal for girls to think about how they look.
I think its normal for high schoolers to wonder about what others think of them.
I think its normal to feel overwhelmed at the thought of final exams at any point in your life.
I think its normal be overwhelmed when you get the homework assignments your first day of college life ever.
I think its normal to be scared of sex your first time.
I think its normal to be weary of marriage even though beyond a doubt that the person you're going to marry is the ONE.
I think its normal to be scared that you're going to screw up any kids you're going to have.
I think its normal to be clueless about potty training your toddler.
I think its normal to be on the brink of insanity when you have an infant and a 2 year old.
I think its normal that day after day you run around the house after your kids and your crabby the next day.
I think that most of our experiences are normal but that we precieve them as abnormal because we've never actually experienced them before.
I think its very normal to want someone to tell you that its normal.

Now how we deal with this feeling of abnormality is another story...I think we just need to take five seconds and look around with all practicality and realize that others go thru the same thing we have...our parents, our friends, our grandparents, our neighbors. Hopefully this will get us thru to the end of today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kel. I love you!

Seni Penitani said...

Great to hear you Kelly. I have not read all the stories but I skim through some of them.

It's encouraging to see how God uses you as you trust Him.

Seni