Thursday, May 1, 2008

Big Hopes, Big Dreams

I was recently ignited...put on fire...for this ministry. Okay, again this may sound like yesterday I wasn't ignited and I've been un-ignited all this time but that is just the opposite. Like everything else in life that we are passionate about, there are days we couldn't imagine not doing it any more and other days where we could not imagine doing anything else. Today, and quite a bit recently actually, I have been in the place where I cannot imagine doing anything else.

So this is today's reason: It started this past Tuesday actually. I was talking to ED (Executive Director) and he had me call NDJJM (National Director of Juvenile Justice Ministry)...He's in Fort Wayne, Indiana. ED wanted me to see (and this is a process/project) what makes a good, solid, strong, growing JJ MInistry. So I went ahead and called him that day.

Oh My Gosh! I am now lit on fire! There is so much possibility that I never knew was there. Sure, I read the Manual to JJM back when I started but it didn't make much sense cause I didn't know much about the ministry and the ministry potential. Now that I've talked to him, I am so ready to just grow and see this ministry take off and to enable YFC GR JJM (Youth for Christ Grand Rapids Juvenile Justice MInistry...see why I use initials???) be the best in the country.

I have HUGE hopes...HUGE dreams...and I see HUGE potential for this ministry! Unfortunately, truth be told, JJM Grand Rapids right now has ... deficit too as funding has been low.

So pray. Maybe this is what God hinted at a few weeks ago when I blogged about something big about to happen (see blog on March 31). I can't wait to see this happen. I have awesome volunteers and I want to share this with them and ignite them. We have a Community Support Team for the first time and I want to ignite them too. I know this is too crazy for this world...crazy enough for God's world.

Oh yeah, EA (the same EA - Executive Assistant - from previous posts) got me a T-shirt. It's so cute...its the one pictured.

And yeah, I haven't updated you recently on my 'Not a New Year's Resolution' Resolution. I'm still at it...as full force as ever...well, I'm finding myself doing it about 3 time a week instead of my goal of 4. I'm a little disappointed about that BUT I've lost 11 pounds but gained 1 back...so I'm down 10 pounds total and my weight is steady...not up and down one or two pounds...its pretty much 10 good pounds. I'm totally excited. The work out is still the same: 30 (sometimes 40) min on the Eliptical, the ab machine thing (least favorite part), inner and outter thighs, side sit-ups to work on the love handles, and 40 lbs for the tricepts.

The best part is, I enjoy the food I eat - even breakfast believe it or not! I also get to eat out once and a while (my choice to do that depends more on my wallet than my weight). Don and I slip out to eat our favorite dessert at Chili's more than anything (White Chocolate Molten Lava...white cake 'valcano' with rasberry sause underneith it, white chocolate fudge pudding in the volcano and a huge scoop of ice cream on top of the volcano with white chocolate sauce and white chocolate shavings spilling over the top...DEFINITELY not low cal...but so worth it!). We get it about once every two weeks.

No comments: