Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Serve Update

So things have been moving along since my 'Shaken, Not Stirred' Blog. It sometimes seems like when one thing settles, then something else gets shaken and its just a perpetual state of shaken and not shaken-ness.

I have the girls, their permission slips, 'Ok's' from the POs and Caseworkers and that is all settled. I guess you can look at my co-leader ordeal as cheating but I prefer for it to be called 'Creatively Solved.' My sister is a youth group leader of the church and is going on the Serve Trip as a leader (obvious statement I know) but she has now filled out YFC volunteer stuff and has agreed to also go as my co-leader:). See...you could say I cheated but really, its all within the rules and so I prefer 'Creatively Solved'. It was my idea in my head but my mom was the first one to verbalize it.

There is one slight glitch. If something happens and we end up going home early, my sister won't be joining us and it will be me driving the 18 hours to get home. Good thing I actually know people along the way home.

Okay, that shaken bit was settled so here's the other shaken part: My account at YFC is actually a little low...well, thats an understatement. In acutality, I shouldn't have recieved my last paycheck on time. I 'overdrew' my YFC Account by $617 when I cashed my check. Payday was Friday but because of my rediculous schedule this weekend I wasn't able to cash it until Monday. Luckily Monday I also brought in $1,075 from fundraising over the weekend. Good news there...but that still leaves it wide open for both paychecks in March (don't forget April, May, and all that is after that) along with the Serve trip which I still owe $880 on. Please pray, pray for monthly pledges mostly because that provides much needed stability and also for a Community Support Team to take a lot of the stress of Fundraising on themselves (they're technically responsible for 50% of our YG budget).

Oh yeah, YFC National is changing our name. We will soon be called Juvenile Justice Ministries instead of Youth Guidance. ...Just an FYI.

No comments: