Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Heartburn...at my age!?

I know little of the "Heartburn" or even "Acid Reflux" but I think I was just educated.

I used to laugh at the tums commercial: 'Tum-tu-tu-tu-tums!" But last night after my workout (yes, still doing them, with almost the same vigor) I went home and waited for Don to come home. As I was sitting there crocheting, I kept getting that feeling in my throat (and all the way down) that reminded me of that burning sensation you get after vomiting. You know the one...the burning form the stomach acid.

...And then this morning I had some of the meat out of the crock pot (it has a timer and I left it on last night to cook). And I forgot that it was still on 'warm' (which to every other crock pot that would be the low setting...my low would be your high...and your high is my broiler it seems) and I ate the bite. Needless to say my mouth cannot handle something that hot so instead of doing the intellegent thing by spitting it out, I swallowed. Heartburn followed...that was 6am, it is now 2pm and I can STILL feel it!

So Tu-Tu-Tu-Tums it is...four of them as a matter of fact. I cannot figure out why it would last this long! This morning as it 'still' hurt, I thought, "Its my own fault, I'll just deal with it and it won't be too long..." Well, four hours later I was still feeling it and now its been 8!

Tums does relief the burning sensation but I just want my throat to feel better! Any Suggestions???


And as for those workouts. The last two weeks have only been two days: Monday and Tuesday (of all days). My last five day 'vacation' from working out cost me those five pounds I just lost:(. Thats okay, I have resolve now...and I'm mixing up my routine so wish me luck!


No comments: