Thursday, March 20, 2008

Second Greatest Thing Ever!

In order for you to understand this blog entry, you will have to read the previous entry entitled 'My Precious Girls' because this is a follow up to that conversation. So take the time a minute to at least skim thru it's content.

I wish I could have taken all of you to Detention with me last night. It was SO powerful and SO amazing to see what God has done in this young woman's life. She is truly budding in the Spirit!

Last week I don't think I mentioned that I had given her a Book of Hope. This is a book we give the kids so they can better know and understand Jesus' life and purpose on earth. The book follows Jesus ministry in chonicalogical order and tells each story one time, from the perspective of one Gospel so it takes away a lot of confusion from these kids who may read a story in different versions from different gospels and not understand anything that is being said. At the end of each section/chapter, there is a review quiz...fill in the blank sort of thing for better understanding. She started reading it and filling out the blanks at the end of the chapters AND, as I found out last night, fully understood what was being said.

Last night she wanted me to quiz her on what she had read so I did, she got all my questions right, even the ones where I asked to her to explain the theology behind the stories (tho I helped her a bit on those). Then she started asking me other questions, mainly about how the trinity works and why Jesus, who she knew to be God, would talk to God while he was on the cross..."Isn't that him talking to himself?"

Two other girls joined in in the process of this Q&A session and they joined not only asking their own questions, but LISTENING to all the answers! I went thru the trinity again, salvation, the Devil/demons, God speaking, the work of the Holy Spirit, the fruit of the Holy Spirit, and so much! Fabulous right? IT GETS BETTER!!! Not only was I able to answer these questions, and gain new understanding and appreciation for God's work in this world (as I do everytime I go thru these questions and answers from girls) but She was answering these questions as much as I was! I could not have been prouder of her if she was my own daughter! I could not believe the work of the Holy Spirit coming out in her life in a short week: her wisdom and knowledge and her boldness especially, in talking so freely about God and who he is to her peers was amazing! Praise the Lord!

I really wish all of you could have seen, heard, and been there for such an amazing night!

(Second Greatest because Jesus is always first!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is SO exciting. I get teary just reading about it. God is good!