Friday, October 26, 2007

Something doesn't sound right coming from...

May God bless all the people from every walk of life who are now picking up ashes of the past several days in southern California.

But truly, when you see a celebrity come on Television and say, "...you can become a part and help us rebuild our lives..." it just doesn't sound the same as the people from New Orleans saying, "...you can become a part of this and help us rebuild our lives..." Same words but coming from a celebrity, who earns millions and millions of dollars on ABC's hit show 'Ugly Betty' just doesn't seem too needy. I wish celebrity's the best, I truly do, but they have bank accounts, insurance policies, investments and assets they can dig into and have spare afterward to help their neighbor.

I would like to see how the McDonald's worker plans on rebuilding their house, or where they're going to stay until there is an apartment complex they can afford and is ready for move in. I would like to know what is going to happen to those who work three part time jobs at the mall (that burned down) for a living, how are they going to rebuild their lives, send their kids to school, pay their car insurance, etc... How are these people, without fat insurance policies, assets and investments, and heafty bank accounts going to get up on their feet again? Why not put someone we all know doesn't have a hit TV show standing in front of their ashes saying, "...please be apart of this because I had just paid my car insurance two weeks ago and I have $153.27 in my bank account and we have no food. Help me and my neighbors rebuild our lives..."

No comments: