Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Our Castle

As you can imagine in todays world, I don't know anyone who lives in the appartments around me. That doesn't stop me from having fun with them. In my head they all have interesting lives based on the frequency that I see them, what I see them doing, how they've decorated the outside of their appartment, and all the other odd facts I know about them. For instance...

Appartment 8 is a 30 something male (I always thought there were two people occupying that appartment but I think I'm going to change my mind). He casually sips his beer while reading the GR Press on his porch. His porch by the way, is beautifully decorated with an arrangement of potted plants and off the ledge there are three or four hanging plants. I think he's gay. Our porches are only 5 foot square or something like that and his has a cute little table, one I'd more likely see at my mom's house, and its quite cozy. His garage is always closed.

Appartment 1 has two little girls. They speak mostly spanish. They drive a small SUV so they're the typical 'American Family.' The Computer is constantly on in that appartment but that doesn't stop them from valuing the out doors. The advantage of being Apt 1-4 is that your slider doesn't open up to a porch, it opens up to the ground. They have a cute little picnic table and basketball hoop for their girls. They have been known to grill from the tail gate of their car parked outside. Dad, in this appartment is a family guy...he assembles furnature, keeps his kids in sight all the time, and grills.

Appartment 7 is friendly. I think there is more than one person in that one but I only ever see one. She's a 30 something female who I only ever see doing the laundry.

Appartment 4 is the with all the outgoing mail. We don't have a blue drop-box for out going mail so appartment 4 puts it in her inbox with a note. Interesting...

Then there is Appartment 10. Two people...married...fight occassionally...and when they fight, she gets loud. They must leave rediculously early in the morning because we only ever hear them at night. Most of the time its quiet. She's relatively irregular in her schedule but if you follower her closely, I'm sure there is a method to the maddness. The guy...he's a hottie.

I just recently met Appartment 11. Again, I thought he lived with someone, a wife or girlfriend or somethign like that, but I recently changed my mind on that...I think he's alone. He goes to church, Grand Rapids First. He also spends his time on his car (he drives a Ford Taurus). He - I think is the ultimate bachelor - He has a cheap reclining lawn chair in his garage and uses it only when he grills. He's got a great sound system in the Garage and has it rigged up with lights, and everything else. He spends a good amount of time in there. Nice guy, continually appologizes for making too much noise and according to his neighbors, they hardly hear him (tho in the beginning they heard a lot of banging...and he wasn't apologizing then). I figure he must be a new Christian cause he's all about making sure people go to Church and know the Lord. Not that old Chrsitians don't want that...old Christians are usually not as energetic.

Anyway, I must go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up!