Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Just one of those Blessed days...

Okay so obviously yesterday was one of those kind of days...you know where nothing goes right but by the time you go to bed, everything turned out better. If you read my blog, you know how my day started. This is how it finished:

I left the office shortly after 4 to meet one of my girls...the one who was "pissed off" about camping being canceled (which was the main reason I was so mad and angry). I was praying all day about this because I didn't want to come off angry, bitter, mad, etc... because I 'had to be the strong one...the adult' here. I also reminded myself that anger isn't sin, what you do with anger could be sin...which is also why I had to pray, I had to set a good example.

So I pick her up and she starts telling me about this dream she had. This was the sort of dream where you re live a real situation you go thru and then theres an alternative ending. Yeah...so it ended (in her dream-version of reality) by her telling people off for judging her about not being a Christian.

*Important info: she thinks being a christian is about doing AND believing to get saved.

She was telling them off for believing and not doing. When she was finished I just said, "Well, your wrong there..." and I went into this whole Gospel Presentation.

I droped her off an hour or so later with a devotional in her hand and drove off. God made me speechless! I couldn't believe what had just happened!! I had been waiting for the right time to have that conversation for so long and lately I've been sensing it getting closer and closer! I didn't present it as a decision thing, just as a truth thing...an FYI because I knew she wasn't going to make a decision to follow Christ and I never want to push anyone into that. She's a thinker. If she does, it won't be for a few weeks yet...at least!

It was just one of those blessed days...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry yesterday was so crummy, but I'm so glad you found a rainbow! I'm all about looking for rainbows lately. You are doing great...sometimes God just chooses methods other than our own plans to get things accomplished. Hang tough and keep the Light.

Denae