Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Oh the Woe

Well, I'm wrapping up my second semester at GRTS...and what a finish it is! I started the semester wondering - seriously wondering - if I was going to make it. One class had 850 pages of collateral reading, another class had five textbooks, a third one had four, and the other one came with not only a quiz at every class period but a student mannual (not a required text) that was my only chance of not failing (literally)! Oh gavy!

It is finished, I'm about to email my last paper into my prof and that one isn't due til tomorrow so technically, I will finish the semester a day ahead. Praise the Lord!

I am however slightly disappointed that in one class I got next to no feedback on my daily work (a class that also had daily quizes) and I ended up being overly optimistic about my performance (which was equal to the rest of my classes but grade-wise I did much worse). So wrote an politely angry email to the prof about my lack of being impressed. I heard of one other student writing a letter too...tho his went to the Dean.

In my daily quizzes class mentioned above, my exam grade was surprisingly high. I have no idea where that came from. I came out of it feeling like I completely failed it. I actually arrived at 3 points shy of an A.

All in all, it was good. I'm nt so much looking forward to the summer class only because it starts in 12 days. That will start three weeks of intensive classes...so come the middle of June, when I'm working thru homework for that last class, I will be one happy chappy.

Love to you all!

No comments: