Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Caboodles

I was at my mom and dad's house yesterday picking up some camping gear for the weekend. I went up to my old room - I do that frequently because it's like walking back into a time that was simpler and more care-free. And I walked out with my pink and purple Caboodle.

Now, for those of you that don't know what a Caboodle is, I'll explain it like this: its a tackle box for girls. It contains a mirror, pull out shelves, compartments, and all sorts of little places to put our tackle (you know, earrings, make-up, hair brushes and products, nail products, and just about anything any girl could ever need.

Why did I pick that instead of all the other cool remnants of my childhood? Well, my friend from South Dakota came by a few weeks ago and she was carrying hers. She laughed at herself and said, "Yep! It's practicle and handy so I am doing it. I know, I'm a dork!" And I got to thinking, that would be perfect! So there it is...my pink Caboodle (still in the back of my car because I didn't have enough hands to bring it into our apartment last night) ready to go for the weekend. Its the perfect camping accessory.

So, for all you girls out there who remember when days were simpler and more care-free than today, grab your caboodle, brush off the dust and use it! You'll think you were 12 again!

(and for those of you reading this, anticipating spending a weekend with Don and I, you can bet I'll have my caboodle!)

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Kelly,
I have one as well however my mom stole it for her sewing threads and needles and such.

I still can't believe I wore a fanny-pack for Josiah's wedding! It was so practical for all my photo equipment so didn't have to hassle with a big bag. I just recently bought what I found out later was a small travel diaper bag for equipment as well. It is a bold pink color. I say FUNCTION OVER FASHION! Ok.. fine it can't be grotesque or anything but something cute and functional is best! Enjoy your Cabooles!