Friday, October 24, 2008

Mom

She calls me mom. Judging from what she tells me of the woman who gave her life and the woman one generation above that, I am the closest thing she has to it. I am physically unable to have given birth to her because on the day she was born, I was a mere 10 years old. On the streets, she goes by Lacey. I find her a bit annoying but I would take her home with me. She follows me around like a puppy. She constantly tells me she loves Jesus, I have yet to figure out what that looks like. It isn't the first time I've seen her in detention but from the sounds of it, we'll get to know each other pretty well between now and the time she leaves. She isn't well liked by the other girls in there however, there is one girl that I think she gets along with. So pray for her and for me. She needs some good, healthy love and attention from an adult.

No comments: