Wednesday, September 24, 2008

An Open Door

So I'm going to tell you about one of my girls again...and yes, this is a continuing story as I've blogged about her before. You'll recall (or you'll skim thru if you don't remember and want a little background info) March 25's "14 Letters from 8 Girls" blog about this girl who met the Lord and there are two letters of hers that I posted. The other blog about her was Aug 26's "Too Much Has Happened" and she's the girl who wrote me two letters in one envelop and who's judge gave me a little surprise in court that day. Okay here's the update.

She wrote me again and there is big and exciting news on her part. She's currently working on writing her testimony out so that she can easily tell what Jesus has done for her to other people (as you'll also recall that her heart's desire now is to travel the world and tell people about Jesus). She's doing this because we are planning on getting her on a plane to Fiji next summer with Don and I. She is so excited about this prospect and I am too and I'm expecting BIG things for this!

So here are some things that you can pray for, for her and for us:

1. Dates: I'm waiting to hear from YFC Fiji (Sereki) to give me some dates for what will be good times to go. Specifically the dates of the ASPIRE Conference (ASia Pacific In Responsible Evangelism...the same Conference that I was introduced to YFC Fiji to in 2002).

2. Funding: For this girl because her network is small at the moment. There is a Christian community around her, pray that their hearts will be receptive of the opportunity and that God will open hearts and do his work. Without working specific details my rough (high) estimate for the cost of the three of us going would be $2500-$3000 per person. I do expect that number to drop but a lot depends on plane tickets, duration of the trip, etc... Because Don and I have family there, I hope that lodging would keep the cost of the trip down.

3. God's work in our lives: That we would seek Him, that he would grow and stretch us, that this girl would grow in her faith during this process as she learns to depend on God for financing, stepping out into the unknown and out of her comfort zone, for Don and I as we take a leap of faith by taking one of our kids to Fiji. That he would be ahead of us, paving the way and that we would see this and boldly walk where we have not walked before.


This is just an amazing opportunity, I think for all of us, for how we do ministry in JJM, for how we look at these kids, how we present and represent God in all of this, and to expect big...huge...things from HIM who desires to show us the world and all the wonder of it. Let us pray, together for these things.

No comments: