Monday, June 2, 2008

This is Me Today.

Well, to all of those who want to see my latest hair do...here it is. If you look close enough or enlarge the photo, you can see my nose ring. Don't look too close cause the gem came out of it the other day and to change it I have to go back to the parlor and have them change it...haven't done that yet as you may have guessed.

God has been good. We have a plethora of volunteers for the girls to talk to while they are locked up. This is good because there is also a plethora of girls locked up! There are usually two units of girls limiting the max to be 16 but since there are more than 16 girls locked up currently, there is another unit of girls. If this was about three months ago I would have anxiety over this because I would need to visit three units instead of two. Two already gives me a little stress because that is too many girls for little ole me. So now we have five people (me and four others) going in there on a weekly basis AND one (possibly two) more in the works! This means that the minimum of two volunteers per unit can be upheld even when there are three units!

I'm also super frustrated and aggravated today because I'm having computer problems. The internet explorer has stopped responding five or six times in my first three hours here, freezing my computer and opting me to restart. I've restarted 4 times. Our IT guy had me download this Firefox thing which: (a) I don't have time to re-learn, (b) already hate after less than an hour of using, (c) is supposed to be more 'user friendly' but is already most inconvenient because it lacks the tabs so if I have more than one webpage up I need to have a window for each.

Anyway, we had a birthday party for one of our Juvie girls and our ED...they're birthdays were the same day...unofficially. It was really cool. Thats actually where someone got that shot of me above.

I'm sorry but I really don't have anything more entertaining to write. Check back later this week.

1 comment:

David Alan Hjelle said...

Leave it to techie-me...but Firefox does allow tabs. Try go to File->New Tab or hit Control-T. :-)