Monday, March 23, 2009

OMG Kelly Actually Posted Again

Well, you're right, I am posting again! I'll give you a second to actually catch your breath again.

So I've worked out the kinks with Alltel...but I still can't wait until my service contract is up! Counting the days...well, I would be except it's like a year and nine months to go.

That isn't the reason I'm posting. I'm posting to let you know that I've got a job! Well, I'm an 'on-call' status but really excited. I work at a local christian mental health hospital in their work with high risk teen/adolesence residential program. So kinda what I did before but much more intense. I'm really excited because it keeps me really involved with my Masters program as this is what I'm working for. It's all working out for the good. I knew it would, its just getting there that is sometimes a challenge. My first day of training is in the middle of April.

Let's see, there isn't much other news. I'm offically not going to give birth to the first great grand baby for my Grandma T. My cousin Kathryn is pregnant and is due in October. We're all really excited for them.

I'm excited too because my last cognate course is in June. It's all about aftercare. It looks to be a lot of work but thats okay, I haven't recently shied away from that...heck, when have I shied away from a lot off work...or at least a good thrill??? For more information on that course you can check out Straight Ahead Ministries at http://www.straightahead.org/. They're a great organizaiton so if you're looking for a non-profit to support (hint, hint former donors) then they're the ones I'd go for!! They do great work showing unconditional love to kids that get locked up - unconditonal love that only Jesus could surpass. They also have affiliate ministries all over the country. The closest one I know of to west Michigan is called Barnabas or Barnabas Ministries in Holland. They run a girls home for those inbetween the legal definition of a child and adult (which is the 365 you call 17).

Anyway...I just thought I'd let you all in on what is going on in my life. Continue to pray...there are many who need it!

God bless

Oh yeah, I got a B on that test I was talking about in my Mar 3 post. I was SO relieved!!

No comments: