Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Pause from Letters

I'm on letter number seven and my hand aches. ...I'm nearly finised with it though but I still have six more if I get to them all today.

I was thinking about last night. There are quite a few girls that are on the inside right now that are wanting to see God more active in their lives - or they want to see what God is doing in their lives - so the challenge for them is pointing out God working so they can see it. In the middle of all that too they want to grow. One girl said to me last night, "I want faith like yours, I want to do the things you do." Those are familiar words to me because I remember reading about Paul in my early years of being a Christian and saying, "I want that!" In fact, one of my favorite songs is by Big Daddy Weave and there is a line in it that goes something like "I want faith that moves mountains and sends them crashing in the sea..." It goes on and uses very vivid images to cry out for the longing for faith. ...The filling for the God-shaped hole in all of us.

Some of the girls who have been in there are gettng out in the next couple of weeks. Good for them, real good, they're going to good quality places that are going to invoke real change in their lives so as I continue to write them and visit them in coming months and weeks, be sure to keep them in your prayers so they can grow and see God moving, working, and changing their lives. This is exciting! Sad for me, I really enjoy seeing them each week in detention, seeing their blankets grow one color at a time, and most of all talking to them. I'll be okay, it is for the best.

Happy Thanksgiving. I'm sure there will be exciting stories after this holiday for me. I hope y'all haven't put up Christmas decorations yet!!

No comments: