Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thursday Posts

So if you've been following the blog for the past several months, you've probably picked up on the fact that on Thursdays I usually write about some incredible thing that happened Wednesday night at detention, small or bing, it will be some God-story of how the ministry is progressing. Well, today I'm writing about the struggles I've been having.

It probably will be no surprise to you for me to say that JJM is really struggling financially. Marv, at the start of the year, is starting to cut down on hours to alleviate some of the financial strain. There is a new director coming on board that is a good fundraiser, but no matter how good the fundraiser is, the reality is beyond our control at the moment.

There are certainly other things that are taking their toll on me. School, though very challenging, has been a release, an escape, and a healthy balance to work so it does not cause me a heavy burden of stress, it actually releases quite a bit of that stress. It is a blessing and I'm learning so much about our Lord that I am eagar to put to work in ministry more and more as time goes on.

For me personally though, I am struggling a lot to find a place where I can be fed: spiritually and emotionally mostly. It is a struggle because after not being in the area for six years, it is hard to rebuild or find new connections with people that I can really connect to. I have been really put face to face with the affects of this a few different times in recent weeks. I have strides in that area recently but I really need more prayer in this area which has been a huge blessing.

Pleasee keep praying about this. Specifically pray for a Steering Committee for JJM which will help me (and all the JJM Staff as Marv and I are very weary and tired) carry the load of the ministry to these kids in Grand Rapids. Specifically praise God for the volunteers who have been faithful in meeting with these kids at detention and one-on-one and those who make the effort to write letters, call, visit with, the families of these girls. I try so hard to enable them to feel loved and cared for as volunteers. Specifically pray for male volunteers. For the four units of boys, we need two to three volunteers inside visiting and we have one volunteer and one staff for all those boys. This too will help us carry the load for these kids and help them with the areas of their life and mostly it is just listening which is something we all can do. Just pray, for God's hand and his blessing.

Thank you.

No comments: