Monday, January 21, 2008

Not an New Years Resolution

This is a lifetime resolution. There was a time back in college where I was nearly obsessive about my daily (and I do mean daily with the exception of Sunday, the ultimate day of rest) work out. Monday-Wednesday-Friday was an hour of cardio (30 minute walk/jog, 30 bike) and an hour of weight lifiting (abs, biceps, triceps, tighs, etc...). When I got my belly button pierced near the end of my first year (my nearly OCD phase) I was starting to see some rip (170 pounds/76kg on a six foot frame). It was pretty sweet. I soon learned that this (for so many reason) was an unhealthy behavior from me so tho I didn't really ban myself from the rec center, I cut way back.

So I went to Fiji and there was a time there that I was walking daily granted there wasn't any rain at 5am (and yes, that is not a typo when I say 5am, it truly was a 5am...a strange, bright, broad daylight 5am action) that I would walk the seawall a mile or so one way with a friend (when you have the sea right there, why not???). That action ended.

But here is the honest truth from a girl who isn't afraid of it. When I came back from Fiji I was a very thin 158 pounds/70.5kg (according to the height-weight porportion chart, it was 3 pounds over the minimum...so it was thin). So at that rate, I honestly didn't mind putting on a pound or two. Tho I will always say that the first wedding dress I tried on was a whopping size 8.

Well, that was two years ago and today (no lie) I weigh 218pounds/97.3 kg (185 is the max for my height-weight chart thingie). Honestly, for all of you who actually know me, I truly am okay with this. I'm not barfing and I'm still eating (well, you know how far I've come). I'm happy to be where I am because I still do look hot. But that doesn't mean I don't want to drop a few pounds either.

My ideal weight, and something to work for, for myself, my health, my ability to bear children in a couple years: 170 lbs/76 kg. It's a size 12 (my actual wedding dress size). I had always been a size 12 (tho a smaller size 12) thru high school and college.

To help me do this: my neighborhood Snap Fitness Center. Its open 24/7 as they give you an access card and they have an awesome online supporty system. So today, I start it. I start not as a new years resolution that will be forgotten last week but because I want to be healthy. I want to be menatlly 'stable' (in so many ways...literally it would take ages to dig down to the depths and only cover the years since College). I want to have healthy pregnancies when we do decide to have children. I want to honor God not only with my work, but how I treat my body.

And so I start:
Today's weight 218 lbs.
Pounds to Go: 48 lbs
Today's menu: Lunch: a small/100g-ish bag of Doritos, 20oz of Diet Coke, Chex Mix (100g bag), half a pack of star bursts...cut me some slack I forgot my lunch and only had four bucks. A bagel for after work, and for dinner, two hambergers, some fries, (not fast food) and two juice boxes.
Today's workout: 20 bike, 10 Eliptical, 100 ab crunch machine thing, 30 incline sit ups (3.5 feet-ish), tricep things, and a 6 min walk/cool down. Total time: almost an hour.

Until later.

No comments: