Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year

Wow! Can you believe its already 2008! Maybe you're relieved, maybe you're sorry to see '07 go, maybe you are just a little undecided. I think I'm in that boat. Whatever the case, no matter what 2007 looked like for you, I hope this one is better.

I am still amazed at the fact that I can actually celebrate the holidays with my family without packing a suitcase to do so. To those of you who don't know me, last year was the first year in 8 that I didn't pack a suitcase, have travel arrangments, or the such in order to visit with ma and pa. Amazing, simply amazing.

Nothing too exciting happened over the holidays and as I reflect back on 2007, it was relatively dull...which was a welcomed change. Lets recap the past few years:

1999: graduated high school and started college
2000: spent my last summer at home
2001: moved to North Dakota for the summer to work at a national park
2002: moved to Australia to spend the summer, worked for YFC
2003: graduated college, moved to Fiji for two years, started playing the guitar.
2004: what didn't happen that year? where shall I start? taught middle schoolers (something I swore I'd never do), ran camps, hosted oversea-ers from my own country, cried...A LOT, almost gave up on my dream but stuck it out, yelled, screamed, moved residences four times, racked up 8800 air miles with United, had severe second degree burns, had the highest fever i ever remember (103.7 or .9 I can't remember), got scabbies, got blood poisoning, refused to see a doctor for two months while i had scabbies, endured an entire 6 or 7 days only hearing english for a total of 7 hours over the course of all those days (will never do that again), and I surprised my extended family by coming home for Christmas...among other things I'm sure. oh yeah, I met my hubby Dec 8 that year.
2005: became friends with, dated, and got engaged to my husband, supervised an intern, taught more 7th and 8th graders, hosted more overseas teams, made a lot of good friends...more friends than enemies, racked up about 10,000 air miles in less than two and a half weeks mind you, moved residences 2 times, grew a lot closer to God...among other things.
2006: moved back to the States (which is a hillarious story), told everyone I was engaged :) (I like keeping secrets), planned a wedding in 3 months, got married, got a new job (still with YFC), went 3 months without an income after we were married, barely survived winter, moved residences 2 times, worked really hard to adjust back to American everything...gained 60 pounds and got lost on "familiar" roads in the process (oops).
2007: I worked.

See...2007...dull! But oh so welcomed dull!

No comments: