Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Are Those Tears of Sorrow or Tears from Laughter?

If I were more faithful at blogging these days, you would have to ask yourself if the tears I cry these days are tears of joy and laughter or tears of sorrow. A dear family friend of 20 or more years went to be with her Heavenly Father this past Friday. To say it was sudden is an extreme understatement. My soul...I am tired of shedding tears. I cry for the family, I cry for my parents, I cry for their three grown children, I cry. I cry in the shower, I cry going off to sleep, I cry in class, I cry with my friends who have no clue, I cried at the funeral, I cried at visitation, I cried because I remember our joint family vacations, our hours of scrapbooking together, because she followed the Lord's prompting on big and little things, I cry because though Heaven has welcomed a faithful follower, here on earth, we know this place and our lives have lost another person who knew more about living for Jesus than living at all.

But I cried last night, tears came from my eyes, because I had such a good time with my old roommate from college. OMG it was just like the good ole days: a movie, some popcorn and pop for dinner, and then a little alcohol and some innocent trouble. We laughed so hard, it was just like lady's night in Orange City, Iowa.

So, Thank you Denae, you mean more to me than you'll ever know! Not just because last night you helped me out emotionally (again) but because you're you and I can talk to you about anything and everything..literally!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love you too! I lost my phone on the way home from GR. Oops. I just found it again and saw that you left me a message. I'm available tomorrow afternoon and I'll give you a call then.