Monday, April 21, 2008

Memorable Moments

Tuesday morning, the second day of work, I got the girls up to get ready for morning devotions and breakfast and one of my girls started complaining of a soar throat and a weary body. I immediately looked to God for guidance hoping he'd tell me loud and clear what to do...he didn't. The answer came thru - of all people - my sister (she was a youth group leader and sort of my co-leader).

"Should I leave her here (and stay here myself) or should I take her along and risk her being in a horrible mood all day?"

She said I take her and then just cut her slack on the site. So I did...it made enough sense to me right?

All the way there...the whole 25 minute drive...I prayed like I had never prayed before. I didn't know if I was throwing myself into the deepend, watching my life slip from my fingers, or if this was just a hoax and she was just testing me. Luckily we didn't get many good radio stations so we spent most of the time listening to an iPod plugged into the van. The song, 'Blessed be the Name of the Lord' came on. It talks about how thru the good times and the trials we're supposed to bless the name of the Lord right? That song got me thru a lot of tough times in Fiji when things seemed all against me and how I was just supposed to Praise God for it all...because like the song says, "He gives and takes away..."

So I was in the van, singing along and praying the words...that no matter what the day brought, I would be able to stand in the rushing river and praise God. C had her moments, I don't doubt that she was tired and had a soar throat, but she walked thru the day like a champ. When she was tired and on the verge, I told her to go to the van and drink some cold water and take a break and just when I was about to call her back, she'd pop around the corner and be read and raring to go...all on her own. She surprised me. She did great! I saw God there.

"Blessed be your name when the sun's shining down on you, when the world's all as it should be, blessed be your name.
"Blessed be your name on the road marked with suffering, when there's pain in the offering, blessed be your name."

No comments: