Monday, November 26, 2007

Nuts and Bolts

I realize that it has been a long time since I last wrote. Not much has been happening lately. Don finally got his license about a month ago which has relieved a lot of low-lying stress in my life. My girls are growing like weeds and its so exciting. Thanksgiving was last week...Happy belated Thanksgiving by the way. I got new shoes...two pairs...one is my first pair of stelleto heels. I'm looking forward to both the end of this year and the beginning of the new one.

I'm hoping to go to our midwinter conference in February. Its going to cost about $1050 to go. Right now I just can't part with that sort of money in my YFC account. If anyone has an extra grand (or part of an extra grand) layin' around...send me a check with 'Kelly's Midwinter Conference' on it and mail it to YFC: YFC; PO Box 2678; Grand Rapids MI 49501. I know, that's not the address you're used to BUT YFC is moving yet again...the building we're leasing is sold and we sought the Lord about staying (which is our legal right) or leaving (which would promote better community relations) and we foudn the Lord to lead us away from Lousma Dr. We're happy about it and God lead us to a good place.

Since it is after Thanksgiving, I give full permission to all for the installation of Christmas Decorations if they so desire. We have now looked upon ourselves, our lives, and the world around us and found things to be thankful for so we may now look ahead to the blessing that CHRISTmas affords: the birth of our Lord and Savior. You may now commence the putting up of fancy and colorful lights, the decorating of an evergreen, the silly little mistletoes because I know you can't live without them Nae, and the building of miniture cities because you like to have control Kelly. All of your presents can be wrapped and placed under that evergreen, please refrain from putting your stockings too close to the fire. Also, be mindful of overloading sockets as is a holiday tradition for many, this is a grave fire hazzard. Don't forget that Nativity set and place it in a good place as it does keep us grounded. And for the love of Christ...Don't stand for the shift to 'happy holidays' say it with pride: "MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

(*Sigh*)

I think that's all I have. Be safe, Be good, and if that can't happen, at lest don't get caught!

No comments: