Thursday, January 15, 2009

Fresh Out of Detenton

As YFC's newest Female Volunteer for JJM, I came and went from Detention last night. I want to say, "For the first time" but I hardly feel like it was my first time. I came back to one girl (still there since the last time I went) and others had left and come back in that time or in the past couple of months.

The girls are relatively discouraged inside, which saddens me. One was promised that she'd get visited last night and wasn't. Others got the bad news that they'll be inside this time for a long time. And yet others are wanting to go back home after the leave and that won't be the probable outcome.

It was kind of difficult to be inside last night for those reasons even though I was excited to come back. I'm really looking forward to getting right back into the swing of things.

Thanks for your prayers.

Happy New Year!

No comments: